In addition to the blue lace sock, I started a cable sock. I was so excited to start my first cable project that I didn’t bother thinking about the size I was making. I just made small by default. I tried it on after I had completed a significant portion of the sock and it is super tight on me, so it’s not really going to fit anyone. I’ve put it on the back burner for the moment, but this is just one warm up for the holey grail of knitting projects that I am going to attempt.
Ysolda designs absolutely beautiful knitted clothes. She designed this zip up hoodie that is loaded with cables. It is exquisite. Here’s a link to a picture of her wearing her own design http://ysolda.com/wordpress/readerknits/groups/tags/twist/photo/3027681767/vivian.html.
I figure I need to do a few things before I even think about attempting this:
- Practice cables – these socks will help with that
- Practice the cables in this pattern, with yarn and needles similar to what the pattern calls for (I bought the materials to do this already, including the pattern)
- Make a few toddler sweaters so that I can practice garment construction (I also bought the materials to do this already – check out the playdate hoodie from lionbrand)
- Once I’m comfortable with cables and sweater construction – I will order the yarn specified in the pattern and work on the perfect gauge
- And finally, go for it and be prepared to exercise immense patience!
Wish me luck 🙂